Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bloomer Park XC

After riding during the week with Christian, Bill, and Cruise it was pretty obvious that I'm still off from race shape so I lined up at the back as we gathered at the start. Well, race turned out to be pretty tough for me.. The back was aching quite a bit and the legs aren't really working yet.. Climbing seems to be the worst right now... Funny at the end some of my friends don't want to believe I finished that far off or that I'm out of shape.. They think I was taking it easy, maybe still resting my back... That's truly all I got right now.. It's kinda strange and hard to believe that I'll ever go fast again... Simonster guessed it would be about 6 weeks to get back to race shape... Based on that about 3.5 weeks left... I guess I can deal with that...




















Photos by Linda

4 Comments:

Blogger Cruise said...

Based on your lap times I don't think you're too far off right now. You'll be kicking my but again by the time Brighton rolls around...

Friday, May 02, 2008 2:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditch the heavy bike if your back can handle it. I thought you had a red Trek Fuel? If you have to ride a full suspension, you should probably ride that one. You are the only person in the state that races one of those. Coincidence?

Pete

Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially at Bloomer. That bike looks like it has a lot of travel and it's probably slower in the turns and slower to accelerate. Not ideal in the twisty trails of Bloomer. I wouldn't worry too much. I think these qualities are a big part of why you went slow. When you are fit and healthy you are strong enough to overcome them, so you need to give yourself some time, thats all.

Pete

Sunday, May 04, 2008 4:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Hey Pete... I quote your theory of full suspension quite often. When you first told me your theory I wasn't quite sure what you meant but after two years of riding a full sus I get it... "There's a point when a rider's strength allows him/her to go faster on a full suspension bike vs a hardtail." Your probably right that my current shape might have me switch back to a hardtail for a bit but then my back would be mad at me so until I reach that point of strength I'll just have to be happy going slow.... :-)

Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter