Thursday, April 17, 2008

Waterford Hills Summer Series #1

Wolverine Sports Club/American Cycle & Fitness
Elite Road Bike Team

Robert's Race Report (April 17, 2008)

Waterford Hills Summer Series – Waterford, Michigan
Start Line Weather: Cloudy - 73 Degrees - SW Winds at 7 mph

Robert Herriman - Place: 21st Catagory A
"It was pretty fun. First time on my road bike in 7 months and my first hard ride of the year after some time off for a low back issue, and I'm racing and in an 11 man break with Danny, Ray, and Tim. Cool!! By mid race Ray, and then Danny, got away in a nice mix of guys and Tim and I knew things were looking good for the team. Tim and I got caught by the main field with about 5 laps to go and with about 2 laps to go I finally popped and just rolled in solo off the back of the main field. Wow, I don't recall ever finishing a road race off the back like that but I was still pretty happy I made it as far as I did. Hopefully just a few more weeks off the back and I will be back!"

Wolverine riders, post race, happy and tired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter