Monday, September 25, 2006

Addison Oaks - "I WON!"

I won my first elite mt bike race at Addison Oaks. It was a really fun race. My legs had ached most of the week after the big Tour de Leelanau and as we rolled off the start line, through the grass at Addison, I was wondering how things would go. By lap 2 Greg and I were at the front of the race with Dylan Lanspeary and Jason Buccellato. The race went pretty smooth. In the final lap I did a little attack with a half lap to go and was able to stay away to roll in for the win.

I thought this was an interesting coincidence...
Addison, my first ever elite win, was the first
time I ever raced with the number 1 plate.














I know it was the first time I raced as
number 1 cause I checked my collection....

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

that is amazing! how many plates are there?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

I'm not sure it's all that amazing.. More like just silly that I would save all those. Seemed like good memorabilia to me when I started racing but I know I'm really just kinda saving garbage.

Hom many??? I think I have collected just about all my bib numbers and plates from my 259 races. They did not all fit in the pic.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:55:00 AM

 
Blogger CorporateHippy said...

Not silly. Extremely cool, I think. After 259 races, it shows that you're still proud of all of them.

Congrats on the Addison win, great way to top off the season, no?

You're one cool dood Rob .. here's to keeping personality in the elite section :D

Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter