Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pontiac XC

Well as long as Simonster would have a clean race it was pretty much money in the bank for him as we lined Sunday. Christian would challenge him a bit or at least stay near him and for the rest of us we were racing for 3rd.

After the first half lap of sorting out chaos was complete I ended up in a good 4 man with Kuhncapie, Brewchamp, and Lummis. We cooperated and took turns with the pace making till a quarter of the way through the last lap when we saw Erin (Brewchamp's girlfriend) walking out with a broken wrist. Joe stopped for a second and I wasn't sure what to do as our group broke up in confusion. I soft peddled for a bit waiting for the guys and was yelling back to them, "should I wait for you guys?" The response was "keep going". It didn't seem right but I kept riding. A few miles later Joe caught up to me and he was flying. I figured he was pumped up with adrenalin and in a hurry to get back to see Erin. At the end I didn't have the heart to challenge Brewchamp for the spot. He deserved it after catching me and pulling me around that last lap. A bummer for Erin but I always seem to come back stronger after a fracture so she has that to look forward to...

Elite Men
1 1:49:07 SIMONSON, MIKE
2 1:50:44 TANGUY, CHRISTIAN ACF/WSC
3 1:55:59 BRZUCHANSKI, JOE
4 1:56:00 HERRIMAN, ROBERT ACF/WSC
5 1:57:11 KUHN, GREG ACF/WSC

6 1:57:33 LAPRAIRIE, RANDY
7 1:57:56 LUMMIS, JASON
8 2:01:07 LANSPEARY, DYLAN
9 2:03:52 CLIKEMAN, BILL ACF/WSC
10 2:04:08 DESILETS, JUSTIN
11 2:04:46 GODDARD, CHRIS ACF/WSC
12 2:06:30 MCMURRAY, JIMMI
13 2:08:34 SLONECKI, JOSEPH
14 2:09:30 FILIPIAK, CHRISTOPHER
15 2:10:03 BROCKENSHIRE, TAYLOR
DNF SYPNIEWSKI, DAN
DNF HENDERSHOT, JOREL
DNF RITTER, TERRY
DNF KOTWICKI, DAN

A few of the 19 Elite riders...


(Top L-R) Simonster, Tanguy, Randy, Hermit-man, Lummis. (Bottom L-R) Goddard, Kuhncapie, Brewchamp, Clike-meister, Jimmi, and Justin.

2 Comments:

Blogger CorporateHippy said...

You are one hell of a guy, Rob... talk about sportsmanship, friendship and just having fun ...

Rock on brother :D

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks Marty.

But I don't know if I'm all that wonderful. I was kinda kicking myself after the race for not going for it. :-(

Also, hope it dose not sound like I'm saying I "gave" Joe the spot I just didn't fight for it at the end and had I fought I definitely could have finished in the same spot.

It was a really fun race.

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter