Sunday, October 07, 2007

Stony Creek Cross Race

Today's race was pretty fun.. Did I say that? Cyclo-Cross, fun? One totally sick painful hour of fun I guess.

I skipped Bloomer last weekend cause I have not been all that motivated to race but I finally broke down and got a cross bike this year so it would seem kinda silly not to use it. I was not expecting much of a result as I have only jumped on and off the new bike a handful of times over the last week and then there was the whole curly bar thing to figure out... Well at the the end I was pretty happy with my result, 8th.



5 Comments:

Blogger Echelon said...

nice work!

Monday, October 08, 2007 7:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Brent said...

Isin't it weird how we put ourselves through pain and still have fun? Nice work out there. You could slow down a bit on the last lap so I can catch you! Are those reflectors USAC legal?

Monday, October 08, 2007 9:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks guys.

Brent, Yes. Very weird that our weekend hobbie can hurt like that and still seem like fun??? And BTW you will have plenty of races to look back and see me. So, never slow down! Thanks for noticing the reflectors.. Those are XTR reflectors, you know... :-)

Monday, October 08, 2007 11:17:00 PM

 
Blogger joe1265 said...

Robert, jeez I feel bad. Sorry for joking with you about "wouldn't that bike be easier to carry".

After I said that Kelly told me you had a pin in your ankle and the beach run was murder to you.

EEK!

My apologies for the smart-assed remark! Great race!!!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 1:01:00 PM

 
Blogger ... said...

So strange to see you riding a drop bar bike. They take a bit to get used to compared to the flat bars.
Stick with it, it's only going to get easier from here on out...

I can't wait for the Winter rides to start after Sundays heat !!! My single speed is hungry for some snow.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter