Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lumberjacked

I finished the Lumberjack 100!!!

It's been since Leadville 2003 since I finished a 100 miler. I signed up for Leadville 2004 but broke two bones in my hand 3 days before that race and then DNFed at Lumberjack 2005 with a broken collarbone.... Well, hopefully I got that monkey off my back now....

Anyway, yesterday's race went great. It was forecast to hit 90+ degrees so I went out slow and just tried to maintain a happy 100 pace. I was amazed to hear my position at the finish. I thought I was running around 20th but at the end it was 6th.

First page of the results...








It did end up super hot out there. I drank about 240 oz. of grape gatorade during the race. Amazingly my legs did not cramp up once.

Single-Speed Champion Dan Jansen chills after his race.














Jason (and buddy) happy to be finished.














Everyone was filthy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Organischen Intellektuellen said...

That's pretty awesome man. Way to go Robert!

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks Randy.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter