Saturday, November 03, 2007

Vets park

Yay! My ankle dosn't hurt! After both the Stony and the Lower Huron cross races my ankle was acheing. Stony had us run across a beach like a half mile each lap and Lower Huron had a run up that probably had us gain 1000 feet of elevation each lap. I was limping for several days after those races. Well at Vets park today there ws a run up that I was really happy was possible to ride! That's the part of cross I hate is being on my feet. During a couple of my warm-up laps I tried to ride the run-up and I was only sucsessful 1 of 2 tries but during the race I rode the hill all 9 laps!!!

There were some barriers at the start of the run-up to force you off the bike...


...but it was possible to remount and ride it..


..at the end of the day my result was not so stellar. 16th of 23 guys... actually pretty crappy. :-(

...but it's like I tell most people about cyclo-cross.. there's always "someone" to race. Even if it's for 16th place...

7 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Lower Huron, that was more along the lines of 950 feet.

Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

That was totally a 1000 feet!!! OK maybe 985...

Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Dude, what up with you XTR ankle? Time for some new cables maybe?

Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:48:00 PM

 
Blogger ask said...

It was a real dog fight at the back of the bus!
The run up wasn't any fun on Sunday either.

Monday, November 05, 2007 9:08:00 AM

 
Blogger the MICHIGANSCENE said...

rock on from your friends at Tms

Monday, November 05, 2007 9:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Karew said...

Funny, but I don't recall 1000ft of elevation in the entire state of MI...maybe it's grown since I moved.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 1:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Soupy said...

Robert, dude! that totally hits the nail on the head!! There's always someone to race.. I had a totally thrilling battle for 21st place last weekend.. Might was well have been for the win! Great job.. you gonna be at Niceman?

Friday, November 09, 2007 12:02:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter