Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pontiac XC

Today's race at Pontiac was my first ride at the trail this year, but since it was the 205th time I've ridden there over the past 15 years, I wasn't too concerned about not knowing the trail... Yes, I like to keep track of stuff.



A pretty fun race.. Funny to look around at the start and basically see the same guys you train with every week as the entire elite field was Detroit metro area riders.

Last year when I did the saturday maybury xc / sunday pontiac xc weekend I had nothing left on sunday.. It was officially my worst race ever... Well, this year, Maybury was 2 hours and 14 minutes shorter in duration for me... :-)

Today's race went great except for a couple stops in lap 2 to adjust my saddle. The seat clamp slipped and my saddle went nose up at about 45 degrees. That was the first time that seat-post slipped like that. Guess I'll keep my eye on that, now...

6 Comments:

Blogger Cruise said...

ahhhhh that's my 2nd favorite race after bloomer

looks like some pretty fast lap times..

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:47:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermitman you are sick, keeping track of how many times you ride at a trail each year isn't right.
how about a post giving the stats for all the local trails you ride.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Oh man... You are just feeding the OCD... OK.. click on the word "stuff" in this post...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"OK.. click on the word "stuff" in this post..."
I did and I am now speechless. The scope of trails rode is what I like best. Especially the out-of-state rides. Great stuff Robert!

Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Soupy said...

Somehow you just continue to amaze me! :D

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even for you, man, that spreadsheet is just a little much! ;)

Hope things are well.

Friday, November 21, 2008 12:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter