Thursday, January 31, 2008

My miles are tanking... :-(

Hmmm... I try not to whine on the "BLOG"... I like to be positive... I like to think that's my style... But...

I got a confession to make... Low back pain arrived in the first week of January and it wont leave me alone... I'm thinking the cause may be as simple as the big snowstorm of new years day which had me doing lots of snow shoveling... So far it's just a nagging ache but it's been pretty much 24/7 and it makes me nervous... Back in 2000 and 2001 I was forced to quit riding due to low back pain... Anyway, I have decided to take some time off the bike... My winter rides will continue without a hitch as the guys are all willing to fill in for me to keep the fun rolling along...I have an appt with the doctor next week... Maybe some PT here for me soon... Bah!

My January miles were only 600, compare that to last year's January of 1,406. Yikes! I'm already 806 miles behind last year.

You can see the big dip in miles back 2000 and 2001 in this graph. The 2004 dip was a my broken ankle...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the back troubles Robert :o(.
Take it ez for sure & good luck @ the doctor.
I'm going to try to make one of your Saturday WRCS rides in the coming weeks.
I'll ride in your honor & you can have my miles ;o).
Take care!
-Erin

Friday, February 01, 2008 12:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermit man, you need to get into a
stretching program almost daily.
since i have been doing that i very rarely have any low back pain
on the bike.

Friday, February 01, 2008 12:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Organischen Intellektuellen said...

I feel your pain, brother.

Friday, February 01, 2008 12:37:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hear that everyone!!! Robert is taking time off. Finally! we can take a friggin' break.

Party at Herriman's! Party at Herriman's!!!

"Hermitman! Hermitman! Hermitman!!"

Yahoo! One case of Bell's Hopslam delivered to your door for each day you are off Robert. Let's see you try and make those graph's and pie charts then..."buuuddy". :-)

You'll be back in no time. I'm sure of it.

Joberon

Friday, February 01, 2008 1:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Yes Erin, you should bust out a saturday ride.. There always a fun time.. Thanks for offering up ur miles.. That's really nice.. You know how I love the miles...

And... I know, I know, I got to strech!! I have been really bad. Maybe this time I will learn my lesson..

Randy!! Dude! Knee issues??? What's going on???

Friday, February 01, 2008 1:08:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Of course... Beer charts and graphs!! That's a great idea.

Friday, February 01, 2008 1:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Brent said...

Stretching and core work like a pilates DVD really helps me out. Another option is to buy a snowblower!

Heal up.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

Oh man robert, that is a huge bummer. I am sure any good doctor would recommend beer and stretching.

Friday, February 01, 2008 4:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Robert said...

Ha! There has already been some talk of a snowblower... :-)

Friday, February 01, 2008 5:53:00 PM

 
Blogger alexdolpp said...

Wish you a fast recovery. We need you!

Saturday, February 02, 2008 12:55:00 AM

 
Blogger SMH said...

Roll on a recumbent until you heal up!

Hope it's nothing serious and you heal quickly.

Sunday, February 03, 2008 5:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter