Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fenton Road Race

I dusted off the road bike today for the the Maillot Jaune Road Race. Just my 5th time on the road bike this year. The 65 mile race was 5 laps of a 13 mile, fairly hilly, loop. 51 starters was a pretty good sized cat 1/2 field. Race was pretty fun and I got in several breaks but everything kept coming back together. Finally with 7 miles to go I got in a 2 man break that looked like it might stick. Earlier in the final lap a few other riders had snuck away so my break was 6th and 7th on the road. About 2.5 miles to go to the finish the guy I was with had a mechanical issue and I was left to try and make it on my own... Well, long story short, I got caught by the pack 240 meters from the finish line. I was so bummed, but I guess that's road racing for you. From hero to zero in a matter of seconds.

One lap to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
hit Counter